until Texas vs Kansas

Friday, September 9

 

The Final Analysis

I can’t even begin to describe how excited I am right now, as I’m sure you all are. The hype surrounding the game is absolutely insane. It’s being billed as the best nonconference game in well over a decade, and it’s not an exaggeration. I can barely get through the rest of today; tomorrow’s only going to be worse.

We are partisans here at ATL, but we are realists. When we think Texas stinks, we say so. When it’s time to be critical, we are. We try our very best to be objective analysts of our favorite team, but it’s still difficult because we support our teams one hundred percent. It’s one of the reasons why we love Rick Barnes and Mack Brown so much, warts and all. They give us nationally competitive teams that we can be proud of and cheer our hearts out for.

And at no time will that be on bigger display than on Saturday night, as Longhorns across the country sit down to watch this historic game. If you know me, you know how much I love hyperbole, but that was no joke. This game is historic. It’s simply that big. And it’s going to be that much fun.

And, in the final analysis, ATL sees a win for the Longhorns. My first prediction for this game was 27-17 Texas, back on Wednesday. I want to revise that pick slightly, because I think we’re going to see that both these teams have better offenses than people generally give them credit for. I’ll up the prediction ever so slightly: my crystal ball says Texas wins it, 34-30.

Hook ‘Em Horns! BEAT OHIO STATE!!

--PB--

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on BlogShares Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com < ? Texas Blogs # >